Tuesday 30 September 2014

Fears and loves

I've been pretty influenced by the Mental Illness Happy Hour recently, and I especially love the fears and loves that are read out each episode, so I thought I would do my own.

Fears:

I'm afraid people are only pretending to like me.

I'm afraid of heights, especially when I'm inside, I'm always scared I'm going to jump off even though I don't want to.

I'm afraid of having panic attacks.

I'm afraid of other people touching or putting their hands near my eyes. I'm so scared that somehow my glasses are going to break and the glass will go in my eyes.

I'm afraid I'll never find a really fulfilling job that I won't get bored of after a year.

I'm afraid my little brother won't ever be able to connect with people or be happy, and I'm afraid he will never get a diagnosis but will just be written off as 'naughty'.

I'm afraid I'll always have social anxiety, and always struggle in social situations.

Loves:

I love watching the crows playing outside of my work.

I love sitting on the sofa with a blanket, a cup of tea, and good tv.

I love that I can't even get in my mum's front door before my little sisters are hugging me.

I love watching videos of animals being friends with different types of animals.

I love Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.

I love self-care, as a concept, and the little individual acts of it I do to look after myself.

I love the blank, exhausted high that you get after dancing for ages at a gig, feeling totally connected to the music and the other people around.

I love drinking wine and chatting with my boyfriend.

I love goats.

I love that I know so many awesome queer people.



No comments:

Post a Comment