Friday 1 March 2013

Medication

At the moment I feel like if you were to shake me I'd rattle, I'm taking so many different tablets. I'm taking:
Sertrolene - anti-depressant
Birth control
Victamin C and zinc - to ward off colds
Vitamin B12 - to increase energy
Painkillers - for my bust ankle
Diazepam - to help me sleep or if I get especially anxious.
I don't overly like the idea of taking lots of medication, but the pill is the best thing ever, and being so stressed and anxious I snap at people all day and cry myself to sleep/ lie awake worrying so much I can't sleep is clearly not a good state to be in. I am a little worried by the diazepam, it's not for everyday, just for if things are especially bad, which slightly reassures me, but the fact I'm taking valium seems such a big thing. On the other hand, I found it pretty funny when I realised, like I'm a character from Valley of the Dolls or something. I took one the other night when I couldn't sleep and was actually really disappointed, it didn't do anything and it still took me ages to get to sleep. Hopefully my eating better and exercising more will sort out my sleeping instead, I will still try the diazepam if I have a really bad anxiety situation, but the fact I can't sleep beacause I'm anxious and worrying doesn't bode well.
I'm hoping to drop the anti-depressants and diazepam soon, in a few months, because hopefully by then the combination of exercise, good diet and therapy will have all worked together to make me a bit more stable and less anxious on their own. I'm ok with medication as a short term solution, I don't like the idea of it being long term that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment